Tiffany Anne Firmeza in Design Studio Class

Tiffany Anne Firmeza in Design Studio Class

Friday, August 23, 2013

Tyrannical Cape


This cape is made of net fabric that I just folded diagonally into four parts and cut like how you do on a full balloon skirt. The cut part serves as the neck hole. I wanted it to have a unique silhouette so I draped it in a manner that one side has a clean outline and the other has added volume which hangs freely. It also has a detachable neckpiece framed with wires and adorned with looped/ knotted silver metallic strings as well as silver ribbons zigzagged on the upper part. The lateral parts are actually embellished with chili-shaped sequins but I wasn't done putting all those in this photo.


This visual page represents the identity of the one who will wear the cape, my alter ego. If you're wondering by the way, the one that shadow is holding on her left hand is a cornucopia, the "horn of plenty" containing celebratory fruits as a symbol for abundance and nourishment. And also, those places are the four fashion capitals of the world: London, Paris, Milan, and New York.

My alter ego speaks:

Call me Tyrrany Tykhe. Tyranny sounds like the names Tyra (Banks) and Tiffany combined and taken from the term for a government in which absolute power is vested in a single ruler while Tykhe is the goddess of fortune. My name says it all. In my world, I am the one who governs and I am lucky in a lot of things. I have what I need, I get what I want, I do things I like, and all those I love are just around me.

I am a pure Filipino but I was born and raised in Paris, one of the fashion capitals of the world. I have long brown-black straight hair and fair flawless skin. Though I don’t have a foreign blood, I look attractive as those mixed-race beauties even if I don’t wear any cosmetics. That’s what I am always told by people around me. Thanks to my parents for having such great genes.

Art, specifically in garments and accessories, is my penchant and it is what I love to do. Yes, I’m a fashion designer who belongs to the elite world. Growing up in an environment surrounded by people inclined to fashion, I have this intense desire to design unique pieces of clothing so I took up Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Design at London College of Fashion which is one of the leading centres of fashion education in the world. Being an academically outstanding student and active in extracurricular activities in school, I garnered many awards thus making me popular in my educational institution. After I graduated, I decided to work here in New York where I’m having a stable and successful career.

By the way, I also love to travel and I could carry myself from one place to another by paranormal means called teleportation. It’s exciting to find inspirations for my designs from the things I discover as I take trips in various locations of the world as well as spending time with my family, friends, and colleagues. So that’s it. My life is full of blessings and fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment