Tiffany Anne Firmeza in Design Studio Class

Tiffany Anne Firmeza in Design Studio Class

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lou Ruvo Dresses


This is another thing that speaks of architectural fashion inspiration. Each one of us were tasked to search about the architect who was individually assigned to us and design a garment inspired by him or his works. As we went over with the lecture, we had to select the architect we'd like to know more. Upon seeing the structural designs of Frank Gehry, I was captured and I chose him. What wowed me is the complicated architecture he has since the construction of his buildings has that kind of irregularity wherein you wouldn't even believe that those could really exist. Stirred up by the manner of his architecture, I made this sketch of a collection. I call them the Lou Ruvo Dresses because I particularly intended to derive their cuts from the Lou Ruvo Brain Institute, a health care facility specializing in research and care for Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntington's, ALS, and Memory Disorders, which was designed by him. Pop colors, I think, would be great to add vibrance to the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment